We're looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to join our rapidly expanding engineering team here at Beamery HQ in London. You will join a value delivery team and work on core SaaS capabilities for products that power the experiences for millions of candidates across many of the world's biggest companies and brands.
This role is about giving you a broad remit and early involvement in shaping why you build what you build, as well as the how - from the discovery phase all the way to production operations. You will also participate in continuously improving Beamery engineering standards and your team’s ways of working.
What will you do as a Software Engineer at Beamery?
- Build market leading B2B multi-tenanted SaaS platform disrupting recruitment industry
- Be accountable for technical discovery, solution design, prototyping, implementation and operations for core platform services (you build it you run it)
- Evolve Beamery engineering standards (coding standards, TDD/BDD practices, frameworks, tooling, docs) and processes (design reviews, code reviews, branch management, deployment, release management and service operations)
- Learn and expand your skill set!
We'd love to meet someone who has...
- 3+ years of hands on experience as a software engineer delivering business critical scalable cloud based services, preferably multi-tenanted B2B or B2C SaaS services
- Excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills: Ability to convert ambiguously defined business problems into well-understood requirements
- Experience of delivering software using Agile delivery methodologies is a must (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Experience of using software engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, testing automation, code reviews, code refactoring, branch management (GitFlow) and CICD practices
- Operational experience of using Kafka, Mongo, ElasticSearch services at scale is highly desirable
- Operational experience of deploying and running services at scale on top of Docker/Kubernetes stack is highly desirable
- Degree in computer science/mathematics/physics or related technical subject is highly desirable
How will success be measured?
- Product capabilities adoption rate / inc revenue generated
- Flow metrics: Feature lead time, cycle time and throughput
- Service SLOs: availability, performance, failure rate and recoverability
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery’s mission is to help companies acquire their greatest asset; their people. Our Talent Operating System lets companies attract, engage, and retain the best talent - it’s the one solution that enterprises need to deliver exceptional experiences at every stage of the talent journey, and build meaningful relationships with their future employees
From the beginning, we have focused on building a team, not just a product. We are an ambitious, reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. As we work hard to achieve our goals, we all strive individually and as a team, to take responsibility & ownership to deliver solutions.Apply now