About the Role
We’re seeking an experienced Software Engineer (Frontend) to join our rapidly expanding engineering team here at Beamery HQ in London. You will join a value delivery team and work on core SaaS capabilities for products that power the experiences for millions of candidates across many of the world's biggest companies and brands.
This role is about giving you a broad remit and early involvement in shaping why you build what you build, as well as the how - from the discovery phase all the way to production operations.
This person will be...
- Building a market leading B2B multi-tenanted SaaS platform disrupting recruitment industry using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Delivering beautiful products with wide market exposure by contributing to your team’s frontend codebase
- Helping shape the future of the frontend at Beamery by being a core member of the Frontend Tribe
- Making or contributing to architecture and technology choices within your team
We think that these factors can help you succeed in this role...
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer delivering scalable cloud based services and apps preferably multi-tenanted B2B or B2C SaaS services
- Real world experience with React, Redux, Styled Components, RxJS
- Good understanding of modern frontend tooling such as Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Storybook
- Good analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Experience of delivering software using Agile delivery methodologies is a must (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Experience of using software engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, code reviews, code refactoring, branch management and CICD practices is a must
- A focus on quality, with experience writing automation tests and project documentation
- An understanding of web accessibility and a desire to implement best practice design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Someone who enjoys being part of a collaborative team focused on building a product to delight our customers!
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our nearly 90-member product development team includes people trained as historians, musicians, physicists, mathematicians and alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. Everyone at Beamery brings a unique perspective, and you could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds and a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by empowering underrepresented groups and elevating their viewpoints so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes React, Node.js, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include:
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Reinvigorating the CRM with Beamery’s brand new design system
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
Here are some blog posts that give you a sneak peek into life at Beamery: