Remote (UK +/- 2 hours) • Full-Time
About the Team
After more than doubling our revenue in 2020 Beamery are creating a new remote full-stack team in 2021 to continue our rapid business growth and the insatiable demand for our product lineup. This team will develop our Convert product which allows customers to create candidate friendly sign up forms and will be Beamery Engineering’s first fully remote team, laying the foundations for the scaling we need to meet our growth targets.
This team will be full-stack, operationally aware and have ownership of their product.
About The Role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to build this new remote team, support their growth and deliver on the roadmap for the Convert product. You can expect to:
- Recruit a remote full-stack delivery team, comprised of Tech Leads Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, QA Engineers and an Agile Delivery Manager
- Manage the happiness, performance and career growth of the people in your team
- Guide the team towards project delivery aligned with the Product, Design & Customer Success teams to build products that delight our users
- Ensure the team continuously monitor and evolve their processes and guide them towards autonomy and high performance
- Set the standard for how Beamery Engineering does remote working including recruitment, onboarding, collaboration and team building
- Create a team who are operationally aware of the features they own including 24/7 support, operational dashboards and alarms
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers on organisation wide processes and initiatives
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Line management experience of at least one team of Software Engineers operating at scale in a cloud environment, ideally with experience managing remote teams
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and practices (TDD, pair programming, code reviews, CI/CD, automation, etc.)
- Developed people via goal setting, career plans and creating an environment of continual improvement
- Extensive hiring experience
- Supported software in production in a 24/7 environment
- Cultivated relationships and wield influence with their team, peers, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Made decisions based on data
- A passion for creating high quality products that meet customer needs
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include:
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem