We're looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our rapidly expanding team here at Beamery. You’ll eventually lead delivery for 2 value delivery teams, and your primary focus will be to ensure both teams are enabled to perform at maximum velocity.
If you’re someone who embraces change and naturally drives cultural shifts and process improvements taking your team to its best performance, we want to hear from you.
Engineering Manager Mission Statement
Build high performing autonomous delivery teams ensuring knowledge and operational continuity.
What will you do as an Engineering Manager at Beamery?
- You will be accountable for vector value delivery (2 delivery teams) for mission-critical multi-tenanted SaaS product; each value stream consist of circa 7 engineers
- Accountable for teams’ performance captured in productivity, quality, and people related metrics
- Continuously evolve processes, techniques, and goals to create better alignment, higher performance, and a sense of purpose aligned with Beamery Engineering standards
- Establish a strong relationship of mutual trust with each of your direct reports, choose the right coaching, mentoring or leading technique to get them to their next level of growth
- Continuously look to raise teams’ professional level through upskilling, mentorship, coaching and hiring
- Coordinate cross-vector execution as well as the teams stand-up, assess the team progress towards the sprint & release goals, and remove potential blockers
We’d love to meet someone who has…..
- A concise and clear communicator with ability collaborate cross-functionally between customer success, sales, executives, and clients
- 3+ years leadership skills as a line manager to a team of 7+ engineers
- 8+ years of hands on engineering experience developing backend services including Public APIs for B2C or B2B SaaS
- 5+ years of operational experience of software delivery using Agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban) and practices (TDD/pair programming/code reviews/CICD automation etc)
- Data driven decision maker able to balance leadership/delegation based on teams/individual strengths
- A collaborative and supportive management style to encourage your team to continually optimise team cohesion, processes and code
- A leader that sets goals and objectives and offers advice, setting your team up for success
- A natural recruiter, passionate about building your team
- Ability to convert ambiguously defined problems into well-understood requirements and isolating root causes across the entire stack
How will success be measured?
- Cycle Time and Throughput
- Number of regressions and service failure rate
- Customer ROI
- Engagement, growth, and retention of engineers
Beamery’s mission is to help companies acquire their greatest asset; their people. Our Talent Operating System lets companies attract, engage, and retain the best talent - it’s the one solution that enterprises need to deliver exceptional experiences at every stage of the talent journey, and build meaningful relationships with their future employees.
We are lucky to be one of the fastest growing companies in the world, and even more lucky that the people in Beamery are not only superb at their jobs, but are a reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. We are a team that cares about the right outcome above everything else.Apply now