Think you’ve got the research skills to help us understand and empathize with our users? Beamery wants to hear from you!
We’re looking for a User Researcher who wants to understand our users motivations, pain points and behaviors and can deliver insights to evolve our product and empower our customers to hire better, and help push boundaries within the world of talent acquisition. Our research team works in close partnership with Design, Product Management and Engineering and has a direct impact on the experiences we build day to day.
What will you do as a User Researcher at Beamery?
- Collaborate with product and design to understand the problem space, build out foundational journeys highlighting friction, opportunities and insights to ground design decisions.
- Source participants and manage logistics for ongoing studies.
- Conduct discovery sessions for new product areas and testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, and finished products and features.
- Compile and share learnings with the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer key questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Beamery-specific user behavior.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- Collaborate with Product Analytics to validate hypotheses with both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
We think that these factors can help you succeed in this role:
- 2-4 years of User Research and Testing experience
- Experience writing test plans and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative user research
- Experience distilling information from diverse interviews and reporting in a concise and actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- High degree of user empathy and passion for learning about learning about customer motivations and pain points
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Comfort with adding structure to ambiguity
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research and Testing
- Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
- Familiar with figma, whimsical, invision, usertesting.com and other prototyping tools is desirable
- Comfortable in a fast paced agile environment is desirable
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams and executing global research projects is desirable
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our nearly 90-member Product development team includes people trained as historians, musicians, physicists, mathematicians and alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. Everyone at Beamery brings a unique perspective, and you could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds and a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by empowering underrepresented groups and elevating their viewpoints so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive, inclusive and well-rounded.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.