We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Engineering Team here at Beamery HQ in London. You will join the Platform Team and work with cutting-edge technologies on an industry leading SaaS product that power the experiences for millions of candidates across many of the world's biggest companies and brands.
This role is about giving you a broad operations remit to ensure Beamery is using the latest stable trends in DevSecOps and SRE spaces. You will need to work across technologies and a successful candidate needs to pick-up new stacks quickly, as well as propose and implement new tools in quick iterations. You will also be providing technical leadership and mentorship to ensure Beamery engineering standards are continuously improved.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
- Building market leading B2B multi-tenanted SaaS platform disrupting recruitment industry
- Ownership & enablement of mission-critical production multi-tenanted SaaS operations: on-rota, monitoring, alerting, configuration and change management, incident management and disaster recovery
- Ownership & enablement of service scalability, elasticity, fault-tolerance and disaster recovery
- Continuously improving SLOs such as availability, performance and recoverability
- Elimination of operational toil & engineering knowledge
- Key contributor to service release management
- Accountable for technical mentorship of junior engineers
- Evolving Beamery engineering standards (coding standards, TDD/BDD practices, frameworks, tooling, docs) and processes (design reviews, code reviews, branch management, deployment, release management and service operations)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Extensive hands on experience as SRE/DevOps engineer delivering business critical scalable cloud based services preferably multi-tenanted B2B or B2C multi-tenanted SaaS services deployed on top of GCP or AWS IaaS/PaaS
- Excellent understanding of DNS, cloud networking and infrastructure
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills: ability to isolate root cause across networking/infrastructure, application and database stacks
- Experience of managing email deliverability at scale (millions of emails monthly) is essential & in-depth knowledge of deliverability tools like 250ok / MXToolbox is highly desirable as well as experience managing ESPs (e.g Sendgrid) at large scale, IP Pooling and email feedback loops
- Operational experience of deploying and running services at scale on top of Docker/Kubernetes stack and a service mesh (i.e. ISTIO) is highly desirable
- Operational experience of using RabbitMQ, Kafka, Mongo, ElasticSearch services at scale is highly desirable
- Strong experience with logging (i.e. ELK, stackdriver) and monitoring (ie. Datadog, Prometheus) solutions
- Operational experience with orchestration tools (CI/CD) and Infrastructure-as-Code tooling (i.e. Terraform) is a must
- Understanding of IaaS/PaaS/Serverless deployments and related operational tradeoffs is a must
- Experience of delivering software using Agile delivery methodologies is a must (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Experience of using software engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, testing automation, code reviews, code refactoring, branch management (GitFlow) and CICD practices
- Degree in computer science/mathematics/physics or related technical subject is highly desirable
How will success be measured?
- Service availability, performance and recoverability SLOs
- Service release failure rates
- Time spent during on-rota on production issues
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.