We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a talented Technical Lead to join our new Engineering hub in Berlin. Our customers rely on us to deliver an ever-improving, forward thinking product that helps them maintain healthy, happy recruitment. To deliver on this promise, you will play a central role in ushering our next generation of architecture on our production site. You will contribute to architecture discussions, technology choices, and advocate for best-in-class development practices. You will facilitate collaboration across departments, constantly learning and teaching others, and the development culture of the team will be influenced by your voice.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
- Accountable for the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a fast paced environment
- Lead and empower value delivery team of highly-skilled engineers by mentoring individuals, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to hold the team to a high standard
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in critical technical and product discussions with leaders across various departments
ABOUT THE TEAM
Team Chicory is one of our newest teams that has been created as part of our growth strategy and expansion plans into Berlin, Germany. The team designs and develops features primarily for the Sourcer persona, these include Candidate Profile in CRM and the Beamery Chrome Extension application. The team has recently embarked on an exciting new project to rebuild the Beamery Chrome Extension in React.
Chicory is a full-stack team, with front-end, back-end, QA, UX design, and product capabilities. They are stakeholders in Beamery’s React-based micro-front-ends, and our monolithic and microservice Node.js back-ends.
We champion collaboration, discovery, and pragmatism. We work together openly to devise practical MVPs for product concepts and collaborate early and often with other teams to manage risks.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to execute on a broad range of projects, following through end to end from discovery and design to prototyping and implementation;
- Contribute to and drive solution design for our frontend applications;
- Deliver new and smarter user experiences that make use of our AI and machine learning capabilities;
- Help shape the future of the frontend architecture at Beamery by contributing as a core member of the Frontend Tribe.
We think that these factors can help you succeed in this role...
- Experience building complex user interfaces at scale using the latest web standards;
- Experience in mentoring, sharing knowledge and communicating ideas to a range of stakeholders.
- Keenness for modern testing and automation tooling;
- pragmatic and enjoy moving quickly and can take a forceful stand without being abrasive;
- Understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities;
- Understanding of factors that affect the perceived performance of a web app and how to mitigate them to create a smooth and delightful user experience.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our nearly 90-member product development team includes people trained as historians, musicians, physicists, mathematicians and alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. Everyone at Beamery brings a unique perspective, and you could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds and a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by empowering underrepresented groups and elevating their viewpoints so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include:
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Reinvigorating the CRM with Beamery’s brand new design system
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
Here are some blog posts that give you a sneak peek into life at Beamery:
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.