We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the Role
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an experienced Agile Delivery Manager (ADM) to join our rapidly expanding team. As an ADM you will be accountable for smooth value delivery of 2 product development teams, continuously optimising process flow, removing any obstacles, and ensuring the team is enabled to achieve its delivery goals.
You are someone who is passionate about helping teams become self-aware and continuously improve using process metrics and self-set targets to achieve outstanding results. The right person for the role will be experienced with informal leadership and influence, fostering a culture of psychological safety, collaboration and mutual accountability in their teams while being able to step in and lead by example where needed to ensure predictable project delivery.
As part of the Delivery Management Community of Practice, the ADM will manage project status and roadmap progress reporting for their teams’ initiatives while spotlighting interfering factors such as reactive work through metrics and charts like cycle time, throughput and sprint capacity allocation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Accountable for agile delivery across 2 delivery teams
- Work together with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager and Tech Leads to help the teams be efficient, effective and healthy
- Lead project planning and work closely with the Product Manager ensuring MVPs are clearly defined and value slicing is optimised for delivery.
- Tracking and reporting of KPIs such as cycle time, throughput, bug arrival/departure rates, progress against roadmap, project delivery forecasting etc.
- Coordinating the teams’ project plans, roadmaps, risk assessments, sprint boards and retrospective lessons to ensure usefulness, engagement, accountability and predictability
- Optimising the teams’ backlog, ensuring it has enough buffer, correct priorities, stories are well understood, have adequate acceptance criteria in alignment with definition of ready
- Guiding and improving process related ceremonies (refinement, planning, standups, demos and retrospectives)
- Ensure efficient knowledge transfer and continuity through documentation within the team as well as dissemination of relevant knowledge across the Engineering organisation
- Acting as Agile Coach helping teams to continuously improve delivery through processes evolution and team work
- Recommending and applying agile best practices as and when needed, e.g. mob programming, customer collaboration, team building etc.
- Carry out regular Team Health Checks to ensure teams are continually happy and motivated, escalating any areas of concerns and helping to work through them.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Significant valuable experience in the engineering industry, including relevant experience working as delivery manager, team lead, agile coach or scrum master
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to focus team on delivery
- Adaptive to team maturity in being hands-on leading by example vs hands-off delegation and coaching
- Experience driving at-risk projects to successful timely delivery while ensuring organizational learning in the process
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of flow optimisation
- Excellent project management skills (planning, risk management, communication and reporting) and proven experience of running SCRUM/Kanban teams
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle from discovery to operations including CICD processes and practices
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board.
Our nearly 90-member product development team includes people trained as historians, musicians, physicists, mathematicians and alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank etc. Everyone at Beamery brings a unique perspective, and you could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds and a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by empowering underrepresented groups and elevating their viewpoints so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include:
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
Here are some blog posts that give you a sneak peek into life at Beamery:
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.