We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE TEAM
After more than doubling our revenue in 2020 Beamery are creating a new, Berlin-based full-stack team to continue our rapid business growth and the insatiable demand for our product lineup. This team will develop our Extension product which allows recruiters to source connections from any webpage and sync them into Beamery and will be Beamery Engineering’s first Berlin team, laying the foundations for the scaling we need to meet our growth targets.
This team will be full-stack, operationally aware and have ownership of their product.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to build these new teams, support their growth and deliver on the roadmap for the Engage vector. You can expect to:
- Recruit two complete delivery teams, comprised of Tech Leads, Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, QA Engineers and an Agile Delivery Manager
- Manage the engagement, performance and career growth of the people in your team
- Guide the teams towards project delivery aligned with the Product, Customer Success and Sales teams to build products that delight our users
- Ensure the teams continuously monitor and evolve their processes and guide them towards autonomy and high performance
- Create teams who are operationally aware of the features they own including 24/7 support, operational dashboards and alarms
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers on organisation wide processes and initiatives
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Line management experience of at least one team of Software Engineers operating at scale in a cloud environment
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and practices (TDD, pair programming, code reviews, CI/CD, automation, etc.)
- Developed people via goal setting, career plans and creating an environment of continual improvement
- Extensive hiring experience
- Supported software in production in a 24/7 environment
- Cultivated relationships and wield influence with their team, peers, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Enabled teams and peers to make data-led decisions
- A passion for creating high quality products that meet customer needs
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include:
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.