We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
About the Opportunity
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Director to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team. You’ll be accountable for management and evolution of the Platform team in the Beamery Engineering org. Your primary focus will be to continuously improve CI/CD and Platform operational rigour, ensure high throughput and facilitate team’s engagement with Delivery Branch (10 teams and growing) of the Engineering org.
If you’re someone who embraces change, naturally drives cultural shifts and process improvements and takes pride in taking your team to its best performance, we want to hear from you!
Engineering Director - Platform & DevEx Mission Statement
Enable the Delivery Branch to maximise cognitive efforts on business value release through specialist SRE expertise and Platform & DevEx tooling.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AT BEAMERY
- Responsible for evolution, management and delivery of Platform Team consisting of 8 experienced SRE engineers
- Setting OKRs for Platform team ensuring alignment with wider Engineering Team priorities and company business plans
- Increasing Platform team predictability by continuously monitoring Engineering KPIs to identify and address potential delivery issues and programme delivery updates for Platform & DevEx tooling and Ops to senior stakeholders and wider engineering org
- Producing regular updates on operational state of all production instances
- Platform budget & HC planning including cost management of cloud R&D and production estates
- Managing relationships with critical 3rd party Platform suppliers (i.e. Cloud Infrastructure,APM etc)
- Responsible for mentorship, coaching and career management for Platform&DevEx engineers and technical managers
- Accountable for enabling predictable execution, knowledge and operational continuity within Platform Team
- Managing all aspects of Platform Operation such as 24x7 on call rota, Incident Management , D/R & Continuity, Change Management and Configuration Management
- Accountable for Platform and CICD tooling adoption across the Engineering org
- ISMS implementation within R&D and production platform instances & Platform Operations
- Accountable for engineering culture fostering ownership, fast value release, pragmatism, quality and innovation
- Ensuring the technical debt is managed pragmatically and prioritisation supported by data points / aligned with Delivery Branch needs
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Sabbatical after 2 year and 4 years of service
- 1st Friday of each month - company closure
- Private Healthcare
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.