We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About UXR at Beamery
The voice of the user is critical for our success of our customers. Best in class user experiences is one of the key differentiators for Beamery and makes a direct impact on business value to our customers. Often the most valuable solution is not what people ask for but what people show you by virtue of what they do and how they think about achieving their top goals. Our user research teams work side by side with Product Managers and Product Designers to deliver those insights that can shape our understanding of the problems we solve as well as validate our key assumptions with a range of research methods.
Think you’ve got the research skills to help us understand and empathise with our users? Beamery wants to hear from you!
We’re looking for a User Researcher to join our growing team! Help us understand our users' motivations, pain points and behaviours and deliver insights to evolve our product and empower our customers to push boundaries within the world of talent acquisition. Our research team works in close partnership with Design, Product and Engineering and has a direct impact on the experiences we build.
What you will do as a User Researcher
- Collaborate with product and design to understand the problem space, build out foundational journeys highlighting friction, opportunities and insights to ground design decisions.
- Source participants and manage logistics for ongoing studies.
- Conduct discovery sessions for new product areas and testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, and finished products and features.
- Compile and share learnings with the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer key questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Beamery-specific user behaviour.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- Collaborate with Product Analytics to validate hypotheses with both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
We believe these factors will help you succeed in this role:
- 2-4 years of User Research and Testing experience
- Experience writing test plans and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative user research
- Experience distilling information from diverse interviews and reporting in a concise and actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- High degree of user empathy and passion for learning about learning about customer motivations and pain points
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Comfort with adding structure to ambiguity
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research and Testing
- Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
- Familiar with figma, whimsical, invision, usertesting.com and other prototyping tools is desirable
- Comfortable in a fast paced agile environment is desirable
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams and executing global research projects is desirable
- Ownership. Stock options up front and continual earning of more equity stake over time.
- Unlimited holiday and flexible working options.
- Top-of-the-line tools/equipment.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages.
- Learning. Budgets for resources, books and conferences.
- Wellness benefits
- [Insert other generic startup perks]. Yes we have those… but what’s more important are the points above.
Beamery is at a very exciting point in our growth where we are being positioned as the undisputed leader in our area. We are achieving this by employing people who are not only superb at their job function, but are a completely relatable, friendly bunch who leave their ego out of the equation. Along with that, we are a team who care about the right solution above everything else. You need to be able to identify problems, perform relevant research, prototype solutions and ship features… sometimes all in the same week!
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.