We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the Role
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing advanced technical support to Beamery customers, solving complex technical challenges, and leading continuous improvement initiatives across the Product Support team. You will be joining a team of Product Support Associates that interface directly with customers on their day to day product questions.
What will you be doing in Beamery
- Act as an escalated Point of Contact for the Product Support team members
- Own highly technical customer escalations with clear expectations and timelines
- Understanding, reproducing and resolving complicated technical issues
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams (e.g. Professional Services, Product, Engineering), providing key product insights and development opportunities
- Own the triage, investigation, and resolution of complex technical cases
- Own scripts/tools/processes to define scalable, agile processes to support product escalations in areas where there is significant volume and customer impact
- Regularly review customer-reported issues with our Engineering team to help drive discussions with key stakeholders in driving issues to resolution
- Scale and optimise new or improved processes based on Product Support team feedback
- Document problem resolution and provide tools/training/resources to other Product Support members in order to prevent issues from requiring escalation (where possible), as well as documenting potential self-service solutions for users
- Maintain a prioritised backlog of improvement areas/fixes, communicating status updates to key stakeholders and gathering input on future prioritisation (aligning to internal operations team)
Who are we looking for
- Experience in a Technical Support Engineer type role in a SaaS environment
- Enjoy improvisation and creative thinking while finding solutions to tricky problems
- Display a high attention to detail and demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate understanding and application of project management techniques
- Experience using support/issue tracking systems, such as: JIRA, Github, and Zendesk are beneficial
- Experience working with logs, and various monitoring tools such as: Qubole, Kibana, Splunk or Stackdriver
- Experience with databases such as BigQuery, MongoDB, MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with creating and/or reading/troubleshooting APIs
Nice to have
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Datadog or New Relic
- Degree in computer science/mathematics/physics or related technical subject is highly desirable
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.