We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the Opportunity
The finance team is responsible for the financial management of Beamery across 3 countries (UK, US and Germany).
The Financial Controller will report to the Finance Director and represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing organisation.
We are looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter, passionate about what they do and works well both independently and as a part of a team.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions
- Working closely with the Finance Director and Deal Desk function to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Coordinate with the commercial and operating teams to ensure completeness of accounting assessment and ensuring compliance to Local GAAP and US GAAP
- Manage transfer pricing policy, inter-company transactions, invoicing and reconciliations
- Coordinate with commercial and payroll teams on commission plans and pay-outs and lead the accounting aspect of commission models and calculations
- Coordinate with payroll team on payrolls across the business (currently UK, US and Germany), preparation of payroll JEs and reconciliations
- Draft the company’s financial statements and disclosures
- Lead year end audit and statutory accounts process
- Ensure that all tax and statutory reporting requirements are adhered to
- Support with funding requirements, such as equity rounds or debt financing
- Assist with non-finance audits such as SOC2 audit
- Undertake ad-hoc financial tasks
- Support the development of finance functions and processes
What we're looking for
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with PQE
- Strong technical accounting background with a knowledge of US GAAP and FRS 102
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal, Product, and Sales to proactively identify accounting issues, research applicable GAAP and Big 4 guides and document accounting conclusions
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organised, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Team player, can do approach and passionate about making an impact
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Proactive attitude – ability to take initiative to get things done
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
Desired Skills but not Essential:
- Experience within a SaaS/scale up business or working on SaaS engagements if coming from practice
- Good quality degree in relevant discipline
- Experience with Sales Tax in the United States
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.