We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Team Synergy is one of our newest teams that has been created as part of our growth strategy with the mission to enable feature teams to build business intelligence with ease and exposing these capabilities through robust APIs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help our core backend services and APIs evolve and scale to cope with new feature development, varied customer needs and increased user traffic. This person will:
- Play a critical role in designing, developing and operating the next generation of our core micro-services, APIs and the data models backing them.
- Contribute in building ML model CI/CD pipelines for building, registering, testing, and deploying model changes.
- Oversee the integration and deployment of models ensuring models are delivering the expected business value and performance.
- Execute on projects and follow through end to end starting with discovery and design through prototyping and implementation to gauging success and owning operations.
- Work with teammates and the wider engineering org to continuously improve our product, technology, processes, teamwork and effectiveness.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong experience in developing and deploying large-scale high performance services/APIs.
- Experience scaling and productizing ML models, for both offline, batch-based data products as well as models deployed to online, real-time services.
- Expertise with Python
- Understanding of ML & Data Science fundamentals, as well as best software engineering practices.
- In-depth experience in Algorithms, Data structures, and performance optimisation techniques.
- Experience with containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
Nice to have:
- Previous exposure to key Machine Learning technologies, such as TensorFlow, Kubeflow Pipelines, and other relevant libraries.
- Previous exposure to using MLOps tools & techniques to deploy, monitor, and manage continuous model deployment pipelines, ensuring model-using services are reliably producing expected output.
- Prior experience working in cloud environments, ideally in GCP.
- Previous experience working with Graph DBs.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2022.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.