We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a TechOps Engineer you will be responsible for providing first class technical support to our internal customer facing teams. You will join the Software Engineering team that develops our Integrations Platform and will be responsible for managing customer-specific technical configurations, investigating data sync issues with the integrations, triaging bugs and running operational tasks helping new customers launch their integration with Beamery.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
- Diagnose, replicate, investigate and resolve complicated technical integrations issues using code comprehension, logs analysis and dashboards in Kibana and Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage collaboration and process for risky operational tasks unblocking stakeholders and customers, e.g. updating configurations using CLI tools, including occasional flexible working hours for quick turnarounds.
- Collaborate closely with customer facing teams, providing regular operational updates and key insights on system health and critical issues.
- Document issue resolutions and self-service solutions, providing tools, training and resources to customer facing teams to empower them to address issues independently and reduce engineering dependency.
- Regularly review, triage and sanitize customer reported issues to ensure relevance and readiness for investigation and quick resolutions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience as a Tech Ops Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or a similar role, ideally with a SaaS business.
- Demonstrated ability to interrogate REST and SOAP APIs using tools like Postman.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and creatively use logging and monitoring tools such as Kibana or Datadog, including creating dashboards for external consumption.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills for investigating complex issues.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to get creative when the answer is not obvious.
- High attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, translating technicalities into summaries valuable for customer facing teams.
JOIN US TO
- Reduce cycle time of operational tasks.
- Reduce issues requiring engineering intervention.
- Reduce time to resolution for issues.
- Build smooth communication, process and collaboration with customer facing teams.
- Enable customers and have immediate business impact in a fast growing organization helping the largest companies in the world hire.
- Work cross-functionally and with people from different departments while being a core part of a software development team.
- Have long term career development paths with mentorship including QA Engineer, Software Engineer, Integrations Consultant, Technical Support Lead, Business Analyst etc.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2022.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
- Unlimited Holiday (26 day min.) + Bank Holidays
- First Friday of every month off
- Winter company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Fully paid sabbaticals after 2 years and 4 years
- Work from another country (up to 25 days a year)
- Monthly focused Personal Development Days
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Kindle and eBooks for all
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.