We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the Opportunity
The Business Intelligence team at Beamery is working with stakeholders across the entire company to enable better and faster decisions so we can serve more customers in continuously better ways. We help integrate hundreds of data sources into a centralised data infrastructure and then combine that data to generate meaningful reports and powerful insights that enable everyone to do their job better.
We’re looking to add brilliant and diverse contributors - experienced data engineers who are excited by challenges in business intelligence, data modelling and ELT. This role will involve leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, as well as developing new methods to derive actionable data for our stakeholders and customers. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work with a team of highly skilled and motivated data professionals.
You will report to the Head of Business Intelligence and will work closely with senior stakeholders as well as the wider EPD (engineering, product and design) department and directly contribute to creating world-class experiences for our customers both internally and externally.
You'll extract, model and analyse large amounts of data from a range of sources, using modern data processing and analytics tools, in order to generate actionable insights for users throughout Beamery and beyond.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Build, grow and manage the Data Engineering team, prioritise and plan the teams work and be the first point of contact for Data Engineering.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation with a focus on engineering, product and design to help them make the right decisions by making data available for reporting and analysis.
- Design, deploy and maintain a world class data infrastructure using state-of-the-art technologies and tools with a team of data engineers.
- Translate requirements of large data initiatives into actionable projects plans and effectively communicate progress to stakeholders while using objective and data informed arguments to guide your decisions.
- Champion data literacy within the organisation and drive adoption rates of the data solutions the team has built.
- Directly contribute to the decisions and business outcomes that enable us to continue being one of the fastest growing companies globally.
- Map out data personas and consumer profiles to better understand how each group can be best served with data.
What we're looking for
- A seasoned data engineer with previous experience designing, developing and maintaining large scale data infrastructure.
- Previous professional experience in the following:
- Working with modern data engineering solutions: dbt, Apache Beam, Looker, Fivetran, etc.
- Establishing and growing a data engineering / platform team or function.
- Managing a team of data engineers and a strong desire to mentor and develop your team.
- Ability to understand complex problems and identify effective and scalable approaches to solving them, thinking beyond medium-term challenges and creating holistic solutions that are adaptable to changes.
- Experience working closely with senior stakeholders and coaching an organisation in the use of data.
- Ability to establish scalable and effective processes for delivering high impact analytical work and coach stakeholders and team members to follow them.
- Experience working autonomously in a fast paced environment using data to drive measurable business outcome improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to Product and Engineering Teams as well as business audiences.
- Previous experience in coaching or managing others with a strong desire to do so again.
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.