We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
We’re excited to have raised $50m Series D funding, taking our company to a valuation of over $1 billion. We are backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the Opportunity
The Data & Analytics department at Beamery is working with stakeholders across the entire company to enable better and faster decisions so we can serve more customers in continuously better ways. We help integrate hundreds of data sources into a centralised data infrastructure and then combine that data to generate meaningful reports and powerful insights that enable everyone to do their job better.
We are looking to grow our team with an experienced data engineer who is excited to solve complex problems in data processing, modelling and serving a large group of consumers with data. This role will involve leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, as well as developing new methods to derive actionable data for our stakeholders and customers. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work with a team of highly skilled and motivated data professionals.
You will report to the Director of Data & Analytics and work closely with stakeholders across our EPD (engineering, product and design) department and directly contribute to creating world-class experiences for our customers both internally and externally.
You'll extract, model and analyse large amounts of data from a range of sources, using modern data processing and analytics tools, in order to generate actionable insights for users throughout Beamery and beyond.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Design, deploy and maintain a world class data infrastructure using state-of-the-art technologies and tools with a team of data engineers and analytics engineers.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation with a focus on engineering, product and design to help them make the right decisions by making data available for reporting, analysis and machine learning applications.
- Guide the Data Engineering team with your technical expertise and be the first point of contact for data engineering topics.
- Contribute to translating requirements of large data initiatives into actionable project plans and effectively communicate progress to stakeholders while using objective and data informed arguments to guide your decisions.
- Champion data literacy within the organisation and drive adoption rates of the data solutions the team has built.
- Directly contribute to the decisions and business outcomes that enable us to continue being one of the fastest growing companies globally.
What we're looking for
A seasoned data engineer with extensive experience designing, developing and maintaining large scale data infrastructures.
Previous professional experience with the following:
- Data Engineering Experience implementing and maintaining modern data technology to build reliable data infrastructures (see current tech stack below).
- Data Observability & Quality Proven track record for establishing and driving data quality through observability and preventive measures.
- Analytics Engineering (bonus) Previous experience writing high quality data models providing consumers with reliable and well documented data
- Stakeholder Management Experience working closely with senior stakeholders and coaching an organisation in the use of data.
- Process Development Ability to establish scalable and effective processes for delivering high impact data solutions and coach stakeholders and team members to follow them.
- Communication Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to Product and Engineering Teams as well as business audiences.
- Developing Others Previous experience in coaching or managing others with a strong desire to do so again
- Systems Design Ability to understand complex problems and identify effective and scalable approaches to solving them, thinking beyond medium-term challenges and creating holistic solutions that are adaptable to changes.
- Autonomy Experience working autonomously in a fast paced environment using data to drive measurable business outcome improvements.
Our Data Stack
Here’s what our data stack currently looks like. As a fast-moving scale up, this will change as we grow and you will be directly contributing to these changes. The ability to learn new tools is more important than previous experience.
- Google DataFlow / Apache Beam, Python and Fivetran for data pipelines
- DBT for data modelling
- BigQuery as our data warehouse
- Tableau / Looker for visualisation
- Segment for event collection
🏝 Unlimited Holidays (26 days minimum) + Bank/Federal Holidays
📅 First Friday of every month off
⛷ Company closure between Christmas and the New Year
2️⃣ After 2 years take a 1-month sabbatical (with full pay)
4️⃣ After 4 years take a 2-month sabbatical (with full pay)
🌍 Beamery Explore: Work from another country for up to 25 days each year
🌱 Monthly focused Personal Development Day
🐥 Family Friendly Leave Policies
⏰ Time off for prenatal appointments
🐶 Pet-friendly offices
🍕 Weekly lunches in the office
📚 Flexible learning & development budget
🎉 Quarterly socials, events and annual company offsites
📈 Stock options
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.