We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Beamery is looking for an Engineering Director to own the Connect & Intelligence Vector. This role will provide strategy and direction for the Engineering teams who own Beamery’s core data models, API’s and 3rd party integrations. This is a key position to achieve Beamery’s scaling targets and goal to become the system of record for jobs, candidate and employee data
ABOUT THE TEAM:
You will be responsible for 5 teams, around 45 people and 6 direct reports (including Principal Software Engineers and Engineering Managers). This Vector is likely to grow over the next few years and you will be expected to lead on what shape that growth takes
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
- Hire, retaining and supporting the growth of Software Engineering talent inside the Connect & Intelligence Vector
- Partner with the Product Director for the Connect & Intelligence Vector to create a strategy that supports the Vector to reach Beamery’s innovation and scaling targets
- Enable Software Engineering teams within the Vector to regularly deliver value to customers with highly available, scalable and reliable systems
- Engage with stakeholders at every level within Beamery including Customer Experience, Sales, Partnerships, Product Support as well as C-Suite
- Liaise with high profile customers to understand their requirements, pain points and support them with adoption of Beamery
- Develop strong relationships with current and potential partners and suppliers, ensuring that Beamery received value for money when we choose buy over build
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Someone with a proven track record of managing managers and leading multiple Software Engineering teams. A person who has a passion for talent, coaching and mentoring people and teams to support future career development opportunities and improve retention
- Someone who has delivered scalable backend API projects in B2B and/or /SaaS environments. A strong understanding of modern, cloud based Software Engineering principles and practices where teams reach for autonomy, frequent delivery of value to the customer and support their software in production
- Someone who is comfortable with stakeholders at all levels including internal C-Suite, suppliers/partners and household name customers. Strong at networking and building your external brand to attract great talent to support organisational growth
- Someone who has successfully planned and executed scaling plans to hire and retain diverse talent in both hybrid and remote environments
- Someone who is able to travel to our London HQ (near Old Street) twice per week
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
- Unlimited Holiday (26 day min.) + Bank Holidays
- First Friday of every month off
- Winter company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Fully paid sabbaticals after 2 years and 4 years
- Work from another country (up to 25 days a year)
- Monthly focused Personal Development Days
- Kindle and eBooks for all
- Pet friendly office
- Regular socials, events and annual company offsites
Learn about all our benefits here
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.