At Beamery we aim to create a world-leading data and computational environment to enable large scale experiments that exploit Beamery’s unique access to data. Our focus is to bring data, analytics & science together into solutions for our clients. An important component of this effort is building a large-scale knowledge base, where multimodal information from various structured and unstructured sources can be jointly explored and leveraged.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning and natural language processing experts who are excited by challenges in automated knowledge base construction, including information extraction, entity resolution, graph-based embedding/prediction, and search.
This role will involve leveraging state-of-the-art models for these tasks, as well as developing new methods to derive actionable data for our clients. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious and bold, to solve novel R&D problems and have the potential to directly impact our clients. We have impressive toolkits and world class data, and we are now looking for talented people to join us.
What will you do as a Knowledge Engineer at Beamery?
- Partner with our NLP team and various data / computing platform teams to construct a knowledge graph of HR concepts, representing people, organisations, skills, etc
- Implement algorithms for inferring likely connections in the knowledge graph for downstream experimental validation
- Implement, transform and customize appropriate taxonomies and ontologies
- Design and deploy ontologies, models and other structures in the representation of entities, relations and processes
- Streamline and align the semantic relationships between different knowledge repositories
- Develop and reinforce business rules to classify content with ontology concepts
- Create and maintain complex queries to classify data attributes, as well as design entity relationship diagrams (ERD) that meet business requirements
- Assist with the definition of, integration, translation (mapping), migration and conversion strategies for new and existing knowledge content and data sources, including robust change control and versioning procedures
- Research, evaluate, and recommend process improvements, including automated systems for knowledge capture, transformation, and presentation of information
We'd love to meet someone who has…
- A Masters or PhD focused on knowledge representation, or similar practical experience in an industrial or research setting
- Expert understanding of a programming language such as Python, including fundamental software engineering principles and NLP/machine learning design patterns.
- Strong verbal and written communication is required
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining large, complex taxonomies and ontologies
- Experience with terminology management and classification tools
- Experience in modeling techniques for conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Experience in building models, ontologies, taxonomies, and other structures
- Experience with AWS or GCP platform and cloud computing
- Industry experience with programming and collaborating on software projects
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile/Kanban procedures.
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery’s mission is to help companies acquire their greatest asset; their people. Our Talent Operating System lets companies attract, engage, and retain the best talent - it’s the one solution that enterprises need to deliver exceptional experiences at every stage of the talent journey, and build meaningful relationships with their future employees.
We are lucky to be one of the fastest growing companies in the world, and even more lucky that the people in Beamery are not only superb at their jobs, but are a reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. We are a team that cares about the right outcome above everything else.
From the beginning, we have focused on building a team, not just a product. We are an ambitious, reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. As we work hard to achieve our goals, we all strive individually and as a team, to take responsibility & ownership to deliver solutions.