About the Role
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for data scientists and machine learning experts who are excited by challenges in automated knowledge base construction, including information extraction, entity resolution, graph-based embedding/prediction, and search. This role will involve leveraging state-of-the-art models for these tasks, as well as developing new methods to derive actionable data for our clients. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
You'll extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses. You will then present your results using clear and engaging language.
This role will work closely with our product teams and directly contribute to making world-class experiences for our customers. As a data driven company, this is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious and bold, to solve customer problems. We have impressive toolkits and world class data, and we are now looking for talented people to join us.
What will you get up to as a Data Scientist at Beamery?
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of our products, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Create visualisations to communicate insights to management and stakeholders across the company.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
We'd love to meet someone who has…
- 4+ year's work experience in an analytical role involving machine learning techniques, data extraction, analysis, and communication.
- Proficiency in statistical software packages and functional programming languages such as R, Stata, Matlab, Python, SQL, C++, or Java.
- Experience in designing and implementing machine learning algorithms tailored to specific business needs and tested on large dataset.
- Experience in data mining and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include:
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem