We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Engineering Team in London. Our customers rely on us to deliver an ever-improving, forward thinking product that helps them maintain healthy, happy talent management. To deliver on this promise, you will play a central role in working with a cross functional team to surface the right candidate to the right recruiter, quickly and efficiently. To that end, the team will tap technology and data from across the Beamery Platform, combined with end-to-end tested, accessible, well-considered front-end design to produce the smartest, fastest, and most delightful candidate sourcing experience on the market, that could make all the difference to someone’s career.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be part of the Rocket team, a cross functional team with people with diverse backgrounds, varying from software engineering to design and user experience. You will manage the team that maintain a fast and reliable search engine and are key stakeholders in our React-based micro-front-ends, and our monolithic and microservice Node.js back-ends.
At Beamery, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving. Keep in mind that we’re always iterating and learning, thus expect this to continue to evolve as we expand. We would be excited for you to join us on the journey.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
- You will partner with engineers, designers and other stakeholders to surface the right candidate to the right recruiter, quickly and efficiently.
- Enable, inspire, nurture and grow a team of engineers. With a passion for developing others, you will coach the team towards success and cohesion.
- Lead by example, seeking to understand through active listening and questioning, create a safe space with a team to address problems you identify and assume responsibility for your and your team’s work.
- You will help the team to understand business goals, ensure that Agile ceremonies take place and uphold our best in class technical direction.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience managing and growing the performance of a software engineering team through periods of change and iteration.
- You have a track record in growing someone’s career, at different stages, from when they were a junior to more senior levels.
- You know how to maintain large systems over time, establishing a technical roadmap and balancing product and engineering concerns, while fostering a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- You have a passion for creating impactful product experiences for either internal or external customers.
- Ability to concisely communicate and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to explain sophisticated concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- You embrace hard decisions, applying pragmatism when necessary.
- We care much more about your skills and positive attitude towards enabling and supporting the team to get things done than any prior knowledge of a particular language or framework.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.