We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
After more than doubling our revenue in 2020, we’re expanding our world-class team of product engineers in 2021 to continue our rapid business growth and meet the insatiable demand for our product lineup.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help our core backend services and public APIs evolve and scale to cope with new feature development, varied customer needs and increased user traffic. This person will:
- Play a critical role in designing, developing and operating the next generation of our core micro-services and the data models backing them.
- Work with key customers and partners to understand their needs, design solutions to cover broad use-cases and enable integrations with our public APIs.
- Execute on projects and follow through end to end starting with discovery and design through prototyping and implementation to gauging success and owning operations.
- Work with teammates and the wider engineering org to continuously improve our product, technology, processes, teamwork and effectiveness.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong experience building and operating backend systems in complex environments.
- Ensuring quality and reliability through unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- A basic understanding of caching strategies for backend services and message queues.
- Exposure to DevOps, on-call, incident management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting issues using instrumentation and logs.
- Demonstrating ownership and initiative with experience driving team projects from conceptualization to successfully delivering business value.
- An impact-focussed mindset aligned with agile principles.
- A sense of empathy for users, teammates, colleagues and partners.
- A genuine desire to help the team work better together with a healthy dose of fun.
This is not a checklist of requirements, don’t worry if you don’t satisfy all, we’d still love to talk.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Team Chicory is one of our newest team that has been created as part of our growth strategy and expansion plans into Berlin, Germany. The team designs and develops features primarily for the Sourcer persona, these include Candidate Profile in CRM and the Beamery Chrome Extension application. The team has recently embarked on an exciting new project to rebuild the Beamery Chrome Extension in React.
Chicory is a full-stack team, with front-end, back-end, QA, UX design, and product capabilities. They are stakeholders in Beamery’s React-based micro-front-ends, and our monolithic and microservice Node.js back-ends.
We champion collaboration, discovery, and pragmatism. We work together openly to devise practical MVPs for product concepts and collaborate early and often with other teams to manage risks.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday (26 day min.) + Bank Holidays
- First Friday of every month off
- Winter company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Monthly focused Personal Development Day
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Fully paid sabbaticals after 2 years and 4 years
- Work from another country (up to 25 days a year)
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible learning & development budget
- Kindle and eBooks for all
- Regular socials, events and annual company off-sites
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.