We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
After more than doubling our revenue in 2020, we’re expanding our world-class team of product engineers in 2021 to continue our rapid business growth and meet the insatiable demand for our product lineup.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help our core backend services and public APIs evolve and scale to cope with new feature development, varied customer needs and increased user traffic. This person will:
- Play a critical role in designing, developing and operating the next generation of our core micro-services and the data models backing them.
- Work with key customers and partners to understand their needs, design solutions to cover broad use-cases and enable integrations with our public APIs.
- Execute on projects and follow through end to end starting with discovery and design through prototyping and implementation to gauging success and owning operations.
- Work with teammates and the wider engineering org to continuously improve our product, technology, processes, teamwork and effectiveness.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong experience building and operating backend systems in complex environments.
- Ensuring quality and reliability through unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- A basic understanding of caching strategies for backend services and message queues.
- Exposure to DevOps, on-call, incident management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting issues using instrumentation and logs.
- Demonstrating ownership and initiative with experience driving team projects from conceptualization to successfully delivering business value.
- An impact-focussed mindset aligned with agile principles.
- A sense of empathy for users, teammates, colleagues and partners.
- A genuine desire to help the team work better together with a healthy dose of fun.
This is not a checklist of requirements, don’t worry if you don’t satisfy all, we’d still love to talk.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Team Chicory is one of our newest team that has been created as part of our growth strategy and expansion plans into Berlin, Germany. The team designs and develops features primarily for the Sourcer persona, these include Candidate Profile in CRM and the Beamery Chrome Extension application. The team has recently embarked on an exciting new project to rebuild the Beamery Chrome Extension in React.
Chicory is a full-stack team, with front-end, back-end, QA, UX design, and product capabilities. They are stakeholders in Beamery’s React-based micro-front-ends, and our monolithic and microservice Node.js back-ends.
We champion collaboration, discovery, and pragmatism. We work together openly to devise practical MVPs for product concepts and collaborate early and often with other teams to manage risks.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.