We are building a world where talent comes first. Our Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world’s most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we’re on a mission to fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
In June 2021 we raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies. We’ve been named in the Top 50 Fasted Growing Companies by the Deloitte Top 50 for the past two consecutive years.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to building a representative Beamery, creating an equitable, inclusive and engaging environment for our people.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
After more than doubling our revenue in 2020, we’re expanding our world-class team of product engineers in 2022 to continue our rapid business growth and meet the insatiable demand for our product lineup. We're looking for an impact-driven Principal Engineer to join our rapidly expanding engineering team here at Beamery to solve and help others solve exciting problems across Beamery products. You will work closely with our Engineers, Engineering Managers and Product Managers, Technical Leads in the Engage Vector to find opportunities, align and execute on a technical roadmap for our main core product, Beamery CRM.
Our Engineers work on a range of products and problems that have a direct impact on our clients. We want people that come equipped with an open mind, creativity and a get-it-done attitude. Principal Engineers solve the toughest problems at Beamery with the highest impact.
The Principal Engineers are working on product capabilities with a high degree of technical uncertainty, taking them from the discovery phase all the way to production. They provide technical guidance and mentorship to Engineers across multiple teams in a Vector, as well as being an advocate for Beamery Engineering practices and values. Principal Engineers continuously strives to improve Beamery engineering standards through best practice, technical design, coaching and mentorship.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Be accountable for technical discovery, solutions architecture and implementation for projects with a high degree of technical uncertainty for a multi-tenanted SaaS platform
- Be a key stakeholder in Beamery engineering standards (coding standards, TDD/BDD practices, frameworks, tooling, docs) and processes (design reviews, code reviews, branch management, deployment, release management and service operations)
- Coach and support other engineers in the team, by providing architectural and design direction; enabling them to be more effective, help to raise the bar, and integrate into teams to do hands on work and fill any gaps if needed
- Identify common problems in our delivery projects and define a strategy to address these inefficiencies
- Improve the pace of innovation and experimentation by improving our approach to optimization
- Set the standard for operational awareness, supporting teams to own their services end to end
- Evangelize and advocate best practices/tech stacks adoption across Beamery Engineering
- Act as a facilitator of tribe meetings; lead workshops and/or knowledge sharing sessions
- Support the scaling of Beamery’s Engineering hub by driving technical hiring processes
- Represent Beamery Engineering in the industry, helping us to engage with the Engineering community and raise awareness of what Beamery does.
We think that these factors can help you succeed in this role…
- Proven track record of delivering software for mission critical cloud based services with high throughput and scalability
- Ability to collaborate with non-technical colleagues and convert ambiguously defined problems into well-understood requirements and/or pragmatic solution design
- Demonstrable experience of running services in production environments at scale
- Understanding of multiple programming paradigms (OOP/reactive/functional) and how they can be applied to solve specific problems
- Excellent understanding of service orchestration, configuration management and Infrastructure-as-Code tooling
- Experience in driving complex projects, by coordinating work across multiple teams and domains
- Experience in defining and maintaining the technical vision & strategy for teams in a collaborative way, by involving the rest of the engineering team.
- Ability to act as a tiebreaker in technical discussions. Ability to resolve conflict and put personal opinion aside.
- Ability to actively contribute to the codebase for the right reasons: pairing / mentoring, resolving tech debt, prototyping new ideas, evaluating technology choices and contributing to new developments.
- Stakeholder management and great communication skills. Ability to represent different teams in internal and external stakeholder meetings.
ENGINEERING AT BEAMERY
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup , disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2022.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive , inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem
- Stock options
- Unlimited Holiday (26 day min.) + Public Holidays
- First Friday of every month off
- Winter company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Monthly focused Personal Development Day
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Fully paid sabbaticals after 2 years and 4 years
- Work from another country (up to 25 days a year)
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible learning & development budget
- Kindle and eBooks for all
- Regular socials, events and annual company off-sites
Beamery is for Everybody. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.
Visit our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion page to learn more about progress and commitments.