We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We’re shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We’re excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a talented Technical Lead to join our rapidly expanding team here at Beamery HQ in London. Our customers rely on us to deliver an ever-improving, forward thinking product that helps them maintain healthy, happy recruitment. To deliver on this promise, you will play a central role in shaping the performance testing strategy for our organisation. You will lead design, implementation and maintenance for Beamery Platform non-functional testing tooling as well as maintain service capacity/cost model. . You will facilitate collaboration across departments, constantly learning and teaching others, and the development culture of the team will be influenced by your voice.
Enable delivery teams to run feature performance, load, stress and burnout testing daily.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT BEAMERY
- Productise non-functional testing for delivery teams through developing tooling and automation for load generator distribution, workload management, environment setup, data configuration and reporting
- Maintain predictive service capacity/cost projection model across entire SaaS estate
- Subject matter expert in the areas of performance, load, stress and burnout testing across Beamery Engineering and championing such disciplines through educating other engineers
- Continuously seeks ways to improve rigour and coverage for non-functional testing in Beamery Engineering
- Lead and empower value other engineers in the team by mentoring individuals, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging technical expertise to hold the team to a high standard
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Extensive previous hands on engineering experience
- 4+ years in a technical leadership role with delivery ownership
- Exceptional software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Experience of collaborating / delivering projects across multiple SCRUM teams
- Excellent understanding/use of Agile values and practices such as TDD/BDD, CI/CD, refactoring and continuous testing
- Strong understanding of testing SaaS applications and how to enable continuous testing framework to ensure we ship new features with confidence
- Ability to create a testing paradigm and execute a complete testing framework and system-under-test using latest trends like GitOps and infrastructure-as-code principles and specifically Terraform
- Ability to concisely communicate with product managers, client services, and integration technology partners
- Hands-on experience in deploying testing framework which saw organisation-wide adoption
How will success be measured?
- Performance testing tooling adoption by Delivery Teams
- Velocity of performance/load/stress/burnout tests performed by Delivery Teams
- Frequency of performance-related incidents
- Capacity/cost budget forecasting accuracy
- Cost/Performance ratio of our infrastructure
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Pension Plan
- Unlimited Holiday
- Wellness days
- Private Healthcare
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- Dog friendly office
- Regular socials, food & drink
- Quarterly team-building events
- Flexible learning & development budget
Beamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.