Beamery’s mission is to help companies acquire their greatest asset; their people. Our Talent Operating System lets companies attract, engage, and retain the best talent - it’s the one solution that enterprises need to deliver exceptional experiences at every stage of the talent journey, and build meaningful relationships with their future employees.
We are lucky to be one of the fastest growing companies in the world, and even more lucky that the people in Beamery are not only superb at their jobs, but are a reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. We are a team that cares about the right outcome above everything else.
About the Opportunity
We're looking for a talented Technical Lead to join our rapidly expanding team here at Beamery HQ in London. Our customers rely on us to deliver an ever-improving, forward thinking product that helps them maintain healthy, happy recruitment. To deliver on this promise, you will play a central role in ushering our next generation of architecture on our production site. You will contribute to architecture discussions, technology choices, and advocate for best-in-class development practices. You will facilitate collaboration across departments, constantly learning and teaching others, and the development culture of the team will be influenced by your voice.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Accountable for the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a fast paced environment
- Lead and empower value delivery team of highly-skilled engineers by mentoring individuals, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to hold the team to a high standard
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in critical technical and product discussions with leaders across various departments
Who are we looking for?
- 8+ years of previous hands on engineering experience
- Exceptional software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Excellent understanding/use of Agile values and practices such as TDD/BDD, CICD, refactoring, pair programming etc.
- Strong NodeJS skills with ES6+ and TypeScript. Functional and Object Oriented programming
- Ability to concisely communicate with product managers, client services, and integration technology partners
- Ample experience conducting code reviews and strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Degree in computer science/mathematics/physics or related technical subject is highly desirable